CASA is currently seeking an energetic individual in the Gaspé to Percé area to coordinate an employability project for youth between 16 to 30 years of age. The Project Coordinator provides services that support job training, work experience, and job placement for youth. This staff member provides personalized and group assistance to each program participant, analyzing work and educational backgrounds, skills, and interests to customize careers and training plans. Additional responsibilities include building and managing community and employer partnerships to support the career development of individuals served.
- Essential Functions:
- Market the program to potential program participants, community groups, and businesses
- Management of participants, including recruitment and eligibility determination.
- Provide support services, job placement and retention support.
- Work with presenters to offer learning experiences for program participants.
- Develop and negotiate job training and work opportunities with employers.
The project coordinator must have excellent communication skills, good problem-solving skills, strong leadership skills and be organized. Working autonomously and in a team, the coordinator must be capable of motivating youth who face challenges in entering the job market. He or she should have a working knowledge of French and have a non-judgmental and confidential disposition.
-Anticipated start date: June 24, 2019
-Must have valid Quebec driver’s license with good driving record, reliable vehicle, and proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage.
Please submit your resume to:
168, boul. Gerard D. Levesque
New Carlisle, QC G0C 1Z0
Tel: 418.752.5995 Fax: 418.752.6864